- Author's Saving Throw: Hiroshi Fujioka was not pleased at how Hongo was portrayed in Kamen Rider Wars. So much that he personally stepped in to help write the movie.
- The Character Died with Him: Since Akiji Kobayashi who portrayed Tōbei Tachibana passed away on August 1996, The film reveals that Tachibana passed away many years before the movie but not before he gave his final gift Neo-Cyclone to his longtime friend Takeshi Hongo.
- Milestone Celebration: One of many works done as part of Super Hero Year, celebrating 45 years of Kamen Rider and 40 years of Super Sentai.
- Prop Recycling: Rather than use the original-style costume that appeared in a Wizard in Magica Land net movie, Ambassador Hell's costume is a modification of the Dai-Shocker version made for All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, and had been used for Badan's Ambassador Darkness in Kamen Rider Taisen, with the insignia changed to that of the original Shocker.
- Role Reprise
- Hiroshi Fujioka reprises his role as Takeshi Hongo, the eponymous Kamen Rider 1.
- Of a sort for Ren Osugi, who plays Ambassador Hell after playing what was implied to be an Alternate Self to the original in All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker. Sadly, this marks the last time Osugi would portray the role of Ambassador Hell, as Osugi would pass away two years later.
- What Could Have Been: The basic concept for this movie goes back a long time. Shinichiro Shirakura had thought of it as early as 10 years earlier, while Hiroshi Fujioka had first been approached for the 30th anniversary in 2001; though he accepted a You Look Familiar cameo in Kamen Rider Agito: Project G4, he anticipated the grand return of Takeshi Hongo in the 50th anniversary year. After making appearances in Let's Go Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider Taisen, Fujioka was convinced by Shirakura to bring it forward for the 45th anniversary.
- Written by Cast Member: Hiroshi Fujioka participated in the scriptwriting process for this movie in order to ensure that Takeshi Hongo would remain in-character, having been dissatisfied with the Conflict Ball requiring that Hongo and the Shōwa Riders Took a Level in Jerkass when he last reprised the role in Kamen Rider Taisen.
- You Look Familiar: Eagla is played by Nao Nagasawa, who previously played Lily in Kamen Rider W and Ms. Utsugi in Kamen Rider Fourze... and that's just listing her Kamen Rider roles.
Trivia / Kamen Rider 1