- Acting for Two: A minor example. Jonathan Breck, who plays the Creeper, also appears as the bald cop towards the end of the film.
- Dawson Casting: Despite being portrayed as a college student, Gina Philips was actually 30 years old at the time of filming.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Jonathan Breck shaved his head for the role, inspired by the notion that the Creeper was naturally hairless and would have to "borrow" hair from victims.
- Enforced Method Acting: Justin Long and Gina Phillips didn't see the Creeper truck for the first time until they were on-set. In addition, Jonathan Breck made sure he didn't meet either of them until they were all on-set together.
- Reality Subtext: Victor Salva, the director, was previously arrested for performing sex acts on underage boys. The first film in particular makes for a much different watch with this knowledge.
- The Other Darrin: Minor example, the Creeper in the last scene of the movie is actually Justin Long, not Jonathan Breck.
- What Could Have Been:
- Victor Salva originally wrote the role of the Creeper for Lance Henriksen.
- Debbi Morgan and Tina Turner were considered for Jezelle Gay Hartman.
- Gina Philips was asked to cameo in the second movie.
- There were talks for a prequel showing the Creeper hunting in the Wild West era, but this never came to pass.
- Working Title: Here Comes the Boogeyman.
Trivia / Jeepers Creepers