- Looping Lines: Similar to what happened with Frank Oz in Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets from Space, Jerry Nelson was unable to perform any of his characters on-set in this film due to falling ill at the time of filming so stand-in performers did them insteadnote while he looped their dialogue later. The only one of his returning characters for which he didn't loop dialogue was Lew Zealand.
- The Other Darrin: Starting with this movie, all of Frank Oz's characters have been recast — Miss Piggy, Fozzie and Animal (and Yoda) are performed by Eric Jacobson, while Sam the Eagle is Kevin Clash. Scooter and Janice also get significant dialogue for the first time since Richard Hunt's death, and are now voiced by Brian Henson (for this movie only — they'd both get recast again for future projects). As mentioned above, Lew Zealand here is performed by Bill Barretta instead of Jerry Nelson.
- What Could Have Been: While trying to deliver the money to Miss Bitterman, Fozzie is chased by a character known in the credits as Safari Animal Tracker who is an obvious Expy of Steve Irwin. This role was originally supposed to be Irwin himself in a cameo, but he ultimately had to back down due to scheduling conflicts.
- Working Title: He's a Wonderful Frog.
- You Look Familiar: David Arquette had previously appeared as Dr. Tucker in Muppets from Space.
Trivia / It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie