- Actor Allusion/Celebrity ParadoxPenny: What if you were, like, stuck in a trap in the woods and, like, a cougar was trying to eat you? Would you date then?
Alex: That's insane, why would that even happen?
Penny: I have no idea, forget that, cause maybe your dad is the head of some elite counter-terrorist unit and he has 24 hours to - I don't know! The point is, would you date?"
- In the same vein, when discussing what to do when it comes to tracking a missing person (in "The Ex Factor"), Alex suggests that they "Call CTU."
- Jane once said that she made a "vision-board" in order for the universe to get her what she wants, including Brad. Brad then said that it wasn't really him on her vision-board, but instead it was one of the guys from In Living Color! Brad is played by Damon Wayans Jr., and In Living Color starred several members of The Wayans Family, including his father (Damon Sr.), aunt (Kim), and uncles (Keenan, Marlon, and Shawn).
- Alex is a huge fan of Love Actually - in which Elisha Cuthbert had a supporting role.
- Actor-Shared Background: Yoni, the Krav Maga instructor, is played by Israeli Gil Ozeri.
- Out of Order:
- ABC aired most of of Season 1 out of its intended order, with episodes 10 and 11 intended to follow on from the pilot. This is fixed on the DVD release.
- "Kickball 2: The Kickening", produced in Season 2, was held over for Season 3 in the United States. (The episode aired as part of season 2 in several international markets.) A clip from the episode is used as part of a flashback in "P&P Romance Factory", which ended up airing earlier. This is not rectified on the home media release, with the episode first appearing on the Season 3 DVD-R set, followed by its placement as a Season 3 episode on the 2018 complete series DVD/Blu-ray sets.
- Real-Life Relative: Brad's father is played by [[Damon Wayans.
- Screwed by the Network: Season 3 starting a good month and a half after all the other fall season shows? Check. Is opposite a similar, but somewhat more popular sitcom? Check. There's a rerun every other week? Check.
- As of 2013 its schedule has been switched again, this time airing in the Friday night slot where television shows go to die.
- Yeah, let's air the show a day or two earlier in Canada! Canada doesn't have the Internet or the know-how to post the episodes online before the US airdates, right? Ah, I'm sure it won't affect ratings anyway.
- As of May 2013, the show has been officially cancelled, and the creators were unable to get the show picked up by another channel.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Eliza Coupe (Jane) and Elisha Cuthbert (Alex) do really look like sisters.
- What Could Have Been: The show's fourth season likely would have focused on the development of a relationship between Dave and Penny.
Trivia / Happy Endings