- Actor-Shared Background: Yoni, the Krav Maga instructor, is played by Israeli Gil Ozeri.
- Out of Order:
- ABC aired most of of Season 1 out of its intended order, with episodes 10 and 11 intended to follow on from the pilot. This is fixed on the DVD release.
- "Kickball 2: The Kickening", produced in Season 2, was held over for Season 3 in the United States. (The episode aired as part of season 2 in several international markets.) A clip from the episode is used as part of a flashback in "P&P Romance Factory", which ended up airing earlier. This is not rectified on the home media release, with the episode first appearing on the Season 3 DVD-R set, followed by its placement as a Season 3 episode on the 2018 complete series DVD/Blu-ray sets.
- Real-Life Relative: Brad's father is played by Damon Wayans.
- Screwed by the Network: Season 3 starting a good month and a half after all the other fall season shows? Check. Is opposite a similar, but somewhat more popular sitcom? Check. There's a rerun every other week? Check. Its schedule then got switched again, this time airing in the Friday night slot where television shows go to die. Compounding on that, the show airs a day or two earlier in Canada, as if Canada doesn't have the Internet or the know-how to post the episodes online before the US airdates and that it won't affect ratings. In May 2013, the show got officially cancelled, and the creators were unable to get the show picked up by another channel.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Eliza Coupe (Jane) and Elisha Cuthbert (Alex) do really look like sisters.
- What Could Have Been: The show's fourth season likely would have focused on the development of a relationship between Dave and Penny.
Trivia / Happy Endings