- Development Hell: After its original announcement, Scott canceled the game, explaining in a steam post that he had a lack of interest and a wish to "get back to what made game-making enjoyable in the first place". Further events made it clear that this time he wasn't trolling, only for several new teasers to appear on Scottgames during the series' third anniversary, followed by a sneak peak in The Freddy Files that seems to confirm it's back in development.
- Epileptic Trees: Scrap Baby has several similarities with the book-canon only Twisted Animatronics.
- Fandom Nod:
- Rockstar Foxy has a higher Entertainment value than the other animatronics based off the main quartet. Rather appropriate, since Foxy always was the fan favorite.
- One of the animatronics you find as salvage is Springtrap. During the buildup to FNaF 3, one of the speculated names for him was "Salvage", since he was first seen looking over a box of animatronic parts, pondering "What can we use?"
- Three joke updates Scott made on April Fool's Day during development of Ultimate Custom Night poked fun at three notoriously contentious (and discredited) fan theories — "Foxy is a good guy" (Foxy aids the player in different ways), "Phone Guy is Purple Guy" (Phone Guy calls except when Springtrap is present; he can't be in two places at once), and "the entire franchise is All Just a Dream" (Nightmare Freddy is disabled via an alarm clock that wakes up the player).
- Fan Nickname:
- Before her official name was revealed as "Scrap Baby", fans called Baby's new appearance "Withered Baby", "Ejected Baby", "Freak Baby", or "Freakshow Baby" following the teaser in The Freddy Files.
- Several people like to call the small Funtime Freddy "Funsize Freddy", even after Scott revealed its name to be Helpy.
- The idea of a freakshow came from a drawing in one of the teasers; it was never officially confirmed. As it turns out, it was just a Red Herring.
- Although Scott debunked the entire debacle on Reddit before FFPS was released, the credits firmly put an end to the "Willtrap vs. Miketrap"note controversy from the last game by crediting Springtrap as "William Afton".
- The game also throttles the long-held theory that the Puppet is the Child from Five Nights at Freddy's 4 following his fatal accident by elaborating more on its backstory and giving it a definite identity. Instead, the true identity of the Puppet is revealed to be the child left outside and killed in one of the second games' death minigames. It's also revealed that this child was a girl, and implied to have been Charlie from the novel.
- Name's the Same: "Cassette Man" is also the name for the Japanese toy that became more well-known as the original Soundwave toy in the first Transformers toyline.
- Trolling Creator: After months of relative silence, in November 2017, Scott posted that while FNAF 6 is still being worked on, he'll put together and release a small spin-off in the upcoming weeks because he doesn't want to let a year pass without any new games, and apologized for its potentially lesser quality. He releases an entirely free tycoon game in early December, which not only includes a lot of lore reveals, is also called ''FNAF 6'' in its own files. That's right, he released the sixth game for free to ensure no-one suspected anything.
- Word of St. Paul: Andy Field, the voice actor of HandUnit, gives the full title of the game as Five Nights at Freddy's 6: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
- Working Title: In Scott's steam post about the game being cancelled, he said to "call it FNaF 6 if youd like." Now that the game is Un-Cancelled, there's been speculation as to what the game will end up being titled. The most common guesses (if Scott doesn't just call it FNaF 6 after all) are Sister Location 2 and Five Nights at Freddy's: Freak Show. As it turns out, the "official" title was Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator (though it's still referred to as FNaF 6 in the game's code). Andy Field, the voice actor for HandUnit, calls it Five Nights at Freddy's 6: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator.
- Word of God: According to Scott, the Funtime Freddy doll that accompanies you throughout the tycoon parts is named "Helpy".
Trivia / Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator