open/close all folders
Roulette Rampage: First Session
- Oten discovering that his new friend, Kouya Itoutani, was the murderer of Chapter 1.
- The Chapter 2 Trial and its culprit. Banri Bunko's secret- his Delusional Parasitosis- was the key factor in the first murder. The pure terror that Nagisa had to go through, unaware that Bunko was having one of his fits.. ugh.
- Kaori admitting that she feels entirely responsible for her boyfriend's fatal car accident. This conversation also marks Kaori's first foray into Character Development.
- As much as she pissed off her fellow inmates, Nagisa's death was both this and Nightmare Fuel. It's quite an overlooked fact that the whole situation she was faced with happened on a whim, and she really had no real power in fighting back at all.
- Oten's absolute breakdown during the beginning of Chapter 3, after figuring out that one of his closest friends (and possible crushes) yet again was one of the perpetrators. When he confronts Banri 's Alter Ego, he tries to talk to him, but at the mention of everyone dying at some point or another, Oten breaks so badly that he tries to destroy AE!Banri, all while proclaiming that he won't die in that prison, ever. It's too bad that his claim never followed through...
- Ryouta's surprise death in the same Chapter. Almost nobody expected the kid to actually die. Even Ai didn't think he was going to kick it.
- When Ai is discovered as the culprit, she basically tells everyone that the bonds she made during her time in prison were real, and even takes some time reflecting on who she spent time with. She then proceeds to tell the inmates that she decided on killing anyway, because any way she slices it, she was going to get out of prison.
- Chapter 4 was no walk in the park for anybody either. Monobear exposes a new place to explore— a watchtower— where all the remaining inmates go to discover that they're in the middle of nowhere. Kaori takes this so badly that she breaks down in tears and pushes her dearest friend, Misaki, away. Then she takes it badly, and Kaori locks herself up in her cell for several days.
- Reading through the excerpts of Banri's journal entries from before Etsuko's intervention reveals a much happier time, showing some of the relationships between inmates as they're going through the Rehabilitation process at the Future Foundation and Banri's personal growth over the past couple of months. He just sounds like he has so much hope for himself...
- Reading into Atlas' thoughts on himself and his relevance to the story can be somewhat depressing, especially with the brave face he puts on for everyone. He never does grow out of it by the end of the Roleplay.
- Misaki recalling the incident where she accidentally killed a group of researchers with a genetically modified fruit tree.
- Considering that she's a huge pain the ass, seeing Ai Senzaki have a brief moment of weakness when Banri tells her that she's just as scared as the rest of them underneath all of her bravado. Poor kid was on the verge of tears saying it too, after the verbal lashing that Senzaki gave him.
- Figuring out that the entire group (save Estuko) was presumed "At Risk" after participating in SHSL Despair. It makes you kind of wonder what made them At Risk in the first place.
- The very last post◊ for the roleplay, which just shows the full cast in the elevator to the Trial Room and the slow but gradual disappearance of all those who didn't make it to the end in chronological order.