- The offscreen death of the dog. Extra hard if you're an animal lover.
- Mrs. Kintner's confrontation with Brody over keeping the beaches open after Chrissie's death, resulting in her son being killed.
- On that note, Alex Kintner's death. If the image of the poor child screaming in a torrent of his own blood doesn't do it, the sight of his bloodied, shredded raft pitifully washing to shore will.
- Brody's reaction to Mrs. Kintner's words. It's clear he's utterly wracked with guilt for not closing the beaches after the first attack:Mayor Vaughn: I'm sorry, Martin. She's wrong.Chief Brody: No, she's not.
- Lee Fierro's death on April 5, 2020, due to complications from COVID-19, makes that scene even harder to watch.
- Chrissie's anguished screams of "God, help me!" and "I don't wanna die!" can get pretty wrenching.
- After her remains are found, Tom, the guy she nearly went skinny-dipping with, is seen sitting at the police station with a Thousand-Yard Stare, clearly traumatised and racked with guilt.
- The death of Captain Quint. Godspeed, you salty old sailor.
- Quint and Brody's mutual reaction when they see the mangled cage and assume Hooper is dead. For all their clashes it's clear that they'd come to respect him very much.
- Sean bawling his eyes out in fright when Michael's in danger at the beach. Shows how much he loves his older brother (and could also be viewed as eerie Foreshadowing of the events of Jaws: The Revenge).
Tear Jerker / Jaws