- The tomato reveal at the end of the first loop of DonPachi that the player character's training consists of fighting comrades who are giving up their lives so he can become one of the DonPachi Squadron's Super Soldiers. When the second loop starts, an intertitle reveals that this training lasts at least seven years.
- In DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu, several of the bosses you face are in fact the Elemental Dolls from dai ou jou. In the mobile ports, the achievement for defeating Ray'n is called "She once protected us..."
- In DoDonPachi Saidaioujou, we have Hina's Alas, Poor Villain moment. Even more so in the Xbox 360 mode, where a crying Saya is holding Hina in her arms, and as Hina dies, she comments on how strong Saya has grown and that she loved her.
- The ending theme Heading For Tomorrow as well.
- Meta-example: Hardcore Gaming 101's closing section of its DonPachi review.
Tear Jerker / DonPachi