- Cut Song — "Zatsuza" from the DaiFukkatsu BLACK Label soundtrack was initially thought to be this, but it was revealed that the song plays during the fight against Zatsuza, the stronger replacement of Hibachi.
- Development Hell — There is a patch for the Xbox 360 version of DaiOuJou that fixes the numerous bugs in the game (see Porting Disaster). It took about two years since the game was released to make; by the time it was out the sequel DaiFukkatsu was already ported and the DaiOuJou port had been discontinued from production.
- Fan Nickname: In SaiDaiOuJou Hibachi is called "Lolibachi" or "Madobachi"
- Genre Popularizer — While certainly not the first Bullet Hell game (Batsugun, another such game, was released 2 years before DonPachi), DoDonPachi certainly did popularize the concept.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes:
- DoDonPachi Campaign Version, a single board of which was distributed, and to a contest winner. As such, this version is not available in MAME, and if the board becomes damaged beyond repair, this piece of history (and arrange mode of DoDonPachi) is gone. Forever.
- Bee Storm has never been ported to a home platform, but at least it was produced for arcades and can be played in MAME.
- No Export for You:
- The first game has a proper US release, and the second has an "International" release. And that's only for arcades; none of the console releases have made their way outside of Japan.
- Rising Star is set to finally end this trend with a European release of DaiFukkatsu (under the English title used for the iPhone game) in November 2011. However, North America shows no sign of getting it.
- Rising Star has announced that the European release will be compatible with US-NTSC consoles. So North America does get it... if they're willing to import. However, an EU Xbox Live Arcade account is needed for the V1.5 and Black Label DLC's. And the Black Label Arrange Mode (aka "Ketsuipachi") is not available outside of Japan.
- The iOS ports are downloadable in America, however.
- Degica games will bring over the game (with the english title) to steam in fall 2016 complete with both black label and Ketsui modes.
- The retail version of DaiFukkatsu Black Label. Although the DLC version of Black Label is available in the PAL version, which has no region lockout, it does not have the the Ketsui crossover arrange mode that the retail version has.
- SaiDaiOuJou, though at the least it is region-free.
- Video Source for:
Trivia / DonPachi