Truth or Scare was a horror-based children's program hosted by Michelle Trachtenberg. It aired from 2001 to 2003. The show originally ran on Discovery Kids, however reruns were ran on The Hub as well.
Truth or Scare was done in a format similar to Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. It had a focus on famous hauntings and supernatural phenomena.
This show contains examples of:
- Creepy Monotone: Michelle Trachtenberg speaks in this tone.
- Edutainment Show: The show taught facts about supernatural fictional characters and supernatural-related historical events.
- Goth: Michelle was usually dressed in this aesthetic in order to fit the dark atmosphere of the show.
- Lighter and Softer: Most of the show was made of documentaries reformatted for a younger audience, similar to Prehistoric Planet in comparison to Walking with Dinosaurs.
- Stock Footage: Taken to the ludicrous due to, aside from the scenes involving Michelle Trachtenberg, it was made up of stock footage from other documentaries, which in turn sometimes featured stock footage themselves meaning it used stock footage using stock footage.