Rebecca "Becca" Winstone (Judd), a former CIA agent, had spent over 10 years taking care of her son, Michael (Nick Eversman). She had a husband named Paul Winstone (Bean), who had been killed by a car bomb in 2001. Michael, once he's 18 years old, decides to go to Rome, Italy, for a summer architecture program. Becca is reluctant to let him go, but she does, having him promise to keep in touch with her. However, she doesn't hear from him for over a week, and the university calls her to say that Michael has moved out of his dorm room. Concerned, she heads to Rome to find out what happened. This is where the fun begins.
This page Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This show provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: Your child is studying abroad and goes missing.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Becca tells agent Dax Miller about it in the first episode. She wants to be a good mother for her son because her mother wasn't good.
- Deal with the Devil: Becca makes this with Antoine. Fortunately, it doesn't go as badly as it might have.
- Idiot Ball: You are interrogated by some suspicious members of your own spy side. Then when they leave you alone in the interrogation room the door slowly opens as by itself and seemingly nobody is around. What do you do? A) You stay put because this is obviously a trap. B) Run like hell. Becca, come back! Yes. This did convince them that she is guilty... and also got a jerkass killed. Guess one, who is the prime suspect.
- I Have Many Names: How Mary learned of Becca's CIA past.
- Knight Templar Parent: Mama Winstone blatantly tells almost everyone she meets that she is willing to do ANYTHING to get her son back, she doesn't care what laws she breaks or in whose way she gets. Among other things, she has broken into buildings to see surveillance, gotten herself arrested (deliberately), broken out of custody, almost handed over someone she swore to protect to his hunter, robbed a bank, stolen a CIA helicopter, and walked in the Front Door of someone she suspects has Michael. By the Season 1 finale torture and murder are included.
- Let's Have Another Baby: Becca suggests this and the conversation ends when a car bomb kills her husband. His reaction suggests he floated the idea earlier, but this is the only on-screen mention.
- Meta Twist: Paul doesn't die.
- My Beloved Smother: Michael thinks Rebecca became this after his father died. He doesn't tell her he's applied to school in Rome until after his acceptance to reduce her space to protest. After a week of not checking in she's buying a plane ticket.
- No Ending: In the finale, Becca finally reunites with her kid, but has now gone missing herself. The series was canceled a week before the finale.
- Recycled Premise: It's Taken for women!
- Retired Badass: Becca retired as a CIA agent 10 years before the story.
- Shared Universe: This show takes place in the same universe as Castle, who wrote a good review on one of Newman's books. This becomes hilarious after seeing exactly how Castle would prefer to review books: Holding them up to his forehead and thinking up a favorable quote.
- Smug Snake: Antoine Lussier from the second episode. It was very satisfying to watch him go down.
- To Be Lawful or Good: Agent Dax Miller is clearly having this struggle. So far, he has not made a decision either way.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Messing with someone + That someone being Becca = A big whopping helping of murder.