- Animalympics: One correspondent used to act in a film by Ingmar Birdman. A clip shows him as Death playing chess with a knight.
- Animaniacs: The episode "Meatballs or Consequences", mainly through the use of the Chess with Death motif (though the Warners request that they play checkers instead) and The Grim Reaper having a thick Swedish accent.
- The Muppet Show: "Silent Strawberries" (and, naturally, The Swedish Chef is a major character).
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: "A Joke By Ingmar Bergman"
- Sparks: The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman, a musical written for Swedish radio about Bergman getting swept into his own personal Hollywood nightmare after the 1956 Cannes Film Festival.
- Monty Python's The Meaning of Life: The final chapter of the film is a spoof of the climax of The Seventh Seal, when Death visits a dinner gathering.
Referenced By / Ingmar Bergman