Chief Wiggum gets a jetpack and uses it to fight crime from above, but ends up crashing into the town church. To raise money for damages, Marge, the Lovejoys and others decide to count cards at a casino.
- Accidental Murder: Chief Wiggum unwittingly kills two people for doing graffiti by landing his propellers on them.
- Armour-Piercing Question: When Homer asks why Marge is in trouble for counting cards if it's not illegal, the thugs aren't can't give him a straight answer and start torturing him to shut him up.
- Bait-and-Switch: The jetpack crashes into the town church right after it seemed to be about to land at a junkyard for jetpacks.
- Brick Joke: When Apu comes up with the plan to count cards at a casino, he explains that he used this strategy to be able to enter the MIT and, when expelled from there for his bad grades, was given a bum's rush by a robot. Homer receives a similar treatment at a casino for demanding it to allow the patrons to count cards.
- Comically Missing the Point: Not trusting Homer with the truth, Marge tells Homer that she and the others are making a theater play to raise money. When Homer learns about the card counting scheme, Homer asks why she gave up on the theater.
- Continuity Nod: After being convinced that God has nothing against gambling, Ned decides to buy insurances for his sons. In "Hurricane Neddy", it's revealed that Ned never insured his house because he believed insurance to be a sort of gambling.
- Disproportionate Retribution: During the ending credits, Nelson steals candy from a school mate and Chief Wiggum uses his jetpack to take him to the sky where Nelson will freeze and there's little to no air.
- Drunk with Power: I'll kill you all I'm sky poooolice!.
- Loophole Abuse: Although Gill doesn't understand it at first but when he mentions that the church is covered for everything except acts of God, Lovejoy begrudgingly points out that as a priest everything is an act of God to him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: During his first flight with the jetpack, Chief Wiggum smashes a police car, knocks down a police helicopter and makes a hole big enough to allow people to escape jail.
- Shout-Out: To American Hustle:
- Title Drop: After her Heel Realization, Marge shames the rest of the group for thinking Homer's plan of stopping them from card counting was intervene by God:Marge: God's plan? God isn't some video gamer up there controlling us like we were Pac-Men and Dig Dugs. God isn't Sky Police. God didn't do this. I lied to my husband, and made my kids lie, too. We did this.
- Turn in Your Badge: During the ending credits, Chief Wiggum turns in his badge, his gun and the jetpack. The last item smashes Mayor Quimby.