Bernadette is taken to the hospital to have her baby. Sheldon and Amy are trying to have Amy's birthday sex.
Tropes featured in this episode:
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Raj keeps accidentally blurting out that Howard and Bernadette are having a girl.
- Character Development: While the group is waiting in the lobby while Bernadette is in labor, they all reflect on how much they have changed over the past decade.
- Dead Guy Junior: Subverted; Bernadette suggests that they name the baby after Howard's mother in order to honor her memory, but Howard says that Mrs. Wolowitz hated being called Debbie and that her middle name was Melvina.
- Geeky Turn-On: During their annual coitus on Amy's birthday their initial attempt got interrupted by Bernadette going into labor. When trying to rekindle the romance, Amy reveals some Harry Potter merchandise to get him back in the mood (although Sheldon was upset she went to Wizarding World without him). After the baby is finally born, they went to Wizarding World afterwards and Sheldon reveals it got him back in the mood.
- Meaningful Name: Played for Laughs; the new baby is named Halley after the comet:Howard: Also like the comet, Bernadette said she's not going to have sex with me for another 75 years.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Halley's post-birth cries sounds uncannily like her late grandmother, Debbie Wolowitz.
- Take That!: Sheldon feels that the second time he and Amy try to have sex feels forced, "like all those Pirates of the Caribbean sequels."