With Sheldon moving out, he and Leonard disagree on how to divide up their belongings. Meanwhile, Raj and Stuart compete to be the most helpful to a pregnant Bernadette.
- Answer Cut: When Sheldon and Amy decide to give Penny the painting.
Amy: Can't wait to see the look on her face when I give it to her again.
[Cut to Penny with a horrified look on her face]
Sheldon: Look, it's the same smile she has in the painting!
- The Bus Came Back: The ugly painting of Penny and Amy reappears after its debut in "The Rothman Disintegration", although it was technically never gone; it had been hanging on the Fourth Wall, away from the audience's view.
- Celebrity Paradox: Leonard and Sheldon are big fans of Back to the Future, so its surprising they don't recognize Christopher Lloyd as Theodore, the homeless man Sheldon lends the apartment to.
- Comically Small Demand: Sheldon rents out Leonard's room for only $1 a night. Theodore, a homeless man, jumps at that opportunity.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Bernadette going into labor.
- Dead Artists Are Better: Amy says the painting of her and Penny may have increased in value since the artist committed suicide shortly after finishing it.
- Escalating War: Between Sheldon and Leonard as they fight over their belongings. First Sheldon changes the wifi password; then Leonard defiles the apartment flag by wearing it without underwear; and finally Sheldon rents out Leonard's apartment, which is still leased under his name, to a homeless man.
- Hidden Depths: Stuart turns out to be a good cook.
- Literal-Minded: After zinging Leonard, Sheldon asks Amy to bring the Neosporin because "Someone just got burned." After Leonard leaves, Amy arrives.
Amy: I've got the Neosporin. Who got hurt?
Sheldon: It's a good thing you're cute.