Sheldon and Amy tell their friends about the terrible trip to Texas they had over the holidays.
- Adult Fear: While it's mostly played for laughs, Bernadette ends up in tears rather frequently when she can't figure out how to calm Halley, fearing that her baby hates her.
- Christmas Episode: Played with in that the episode itself takes place after Christmas, with the flashbacks taking place during the holidays.
- Minor Flaw, Major Breakup: While not a break-up, Penny and Leonard admit to the rest that they had a major fight over the holidays, one of the worst they ever had. It turned out they were watching Luke Cage (2016) together and Leonard found out she watched two episodes ahead of him. After thinking about it, they admitted that they were also strung out from a stressful evening getting a Christmas tree for their apartment (Leonard struggled chopping it down, the tree slid off their car roof, Leonard passed out bringing it up three stories and once they got it in they found a rodent still living in the tree).
- Nap-Inducing Speak: Stuart is able to put Howard's baby to sleep, claiming that his talking puts people to sleep. In The Stinger, he starts telling what he did during Christmas and everyone pretends to fall asleep.
- Whole Episode Flashback: Played with. There are multiple flashbacks as member of the group recounts how they spent the holidays.