Next: Supernatural S 13 E 23 Let The Good Times Roll
Written by: Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner
Directed by: Thomas J. Wright
Air date: May 10th, 2018
Sam and Dean devise a plan that will save innocent lives. Meanwhile, Jack continues to wrestle with the consequences of his decisions.
- Character Death: Gabriel is killed by Alternate Michael impaling him with his Archangel Blade.
- Cold Ham: Apocalypse World Castiel is creepy, jittery, and sports a constant facial tic while Putting on the Reich. It's clear that Misha Collins is channeling Arnold Toht, and just loves to overact when he gets the chance.
- Deal with the Devil: Ironically, the actual Devil becomes the Faustian character when Lucifer makes a deal with Apocalypse World Michael at the end, offering him the spell to reach the regular Earth and dominion over it in exchange for seeing Jack again. Even the look on Lucifer's face says he might be having a crisis of conscience about it.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Gabriel stays behind and fights a losing battle with Apocalypse World Michael so that Sam and Dean can make it back to the main universe.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: If Sam had not betrayed Lucifer at the last moment and left him stranded in Apocalypse World, he would not have had recourse to ally with Apocalypse World Michael and give him the means to travel to the main universe.
- Other Me Annoys Me: Rather, Apocalypse World Castiel despises our Castiel for siding with the humans. Likewise, Cas is none too pleased by his alternate counterpart.
- Playing the Victim Card: When Lucifer badmouths God to make himself look good in Jack's eyes, Gabriel calls him out on the fact that Lucifer just used that as an excuse.Gabriel: You think Dad was the bad guy and you were a victim? You are not a victim, Lucifer.
- Put Down Your Gun and Step Away: An angel hit squad takes Apocalypse World Charlie hostage and demand that Ketch put down his weapon.
- Putting on the Reich: Apocalypse World Castiel wears a Nazi-esque uniform and speaks in a German accent.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gabriel gives a massive one to Lucifer calling him out for perpetually blaming God and everyone else for his bad rap and telling him that the reason God cast him into the Cage is because he could see the evil festering in Lucifer and knew that it would spread like cancer if not uprooted. Unlike most times this is used against him, Lucifer actually is affected by Gabe's words and even cries.
- Self-Serving Memory: Lucifer claims he lost his virginity to Kelly Kline, conveniently leaving out that he raped Sam while the latter was in Hell.
- Single Tear: Lucifer gets one after Gabriel calls him out for his hatred and jealousy of humans because God likes them over him and he couldn't stand it. Though it's unclear if it's because Gabriel was right or he just hates being the bad guy.
- Take a Third Option: In response to Dean's determination to bring Mary back and Mary's desire to stay and help the humans, Sam comes up with the idea of bringing the entire resistance cell to our Earth so that they can prepare for their next move against Michael.
- To the Pain: Apocalypse World Castiel gives a speech about the effectiveness of torture as he's preparing to interrogate the captured Charlie.
- Unreliable Expositor: Lucifer provides a rather...liberal interpretation of his life's story to Jack, downplaying every bad thing he's done and shifting blame to make his actions sound justified.Castiel: That's a vast oversimplification.