Airdate: Monday, July 10, 2006
Sender: jamie ericson canada
Strong Bad clears the "LELLOWTAPE" off the old Lappy and gets an email from "Hom-ee-ay Eric-SON" who announces he's grown a bit bored with the decor of the computer room, with its "NO LOAFING" sign and blue paint, to which Strong Bad retorts "I was just thinking how bored I am with your butt, and your face, and your snotty nose!"
Strong Bad goes over a quick process to spruce up any logo:
- Squish it, skew it, and turn it all around!
- Make it look fast and slick, like "Flo-Jo in a tuxedo".
- Switch up the colors in a rousing game of "Color Wheel Roulette" (which unfortunately leaves the "NO LOAFING!" sign colored in drab shades of brown, green, and yellow).
- Make it all glossy, like it was "dipped in molten Plexiglass".
- Add blood-tipped fangs.
Strong Bad has second thoughts about the logo, since The Cheat doesn't appear to have a printer (and his new iMac makes it look like someone chopped off the back half of his monitor). It's time for plan B:
Strong Bad also has plans to replace the blue paint on the walls with "that magic green screen paint that Hollywood still thinks looks good". With that kind of set-up, Strong Bad imagines such wonders as being able to "frolic through the bread aisle" from the comfort of his home, play video games (like the Videlectrix classic "Sundae Drivin'") on a display where "the pixels are as big as hams", or even "battling Claymation".
Strong Bad: It'll take more than karate pants to keep me from toilet-papering the temple of the gods!
(Coach Z comes in. His "Z" logo has been given the same treatment as the "NO LOAFING" sign, but thanks to the green screen, he appears to be a disembodied head and feet)
Coach Z: Hey, Strong Bad! Check it out! I squished it! And skewed it! And turned it all...
(Strong Bad and the Cyclops scream and run away)
Coach Z: A... round?
Strong Bad gets fed up again, and shows a less ambitious change-up in his style for "Quay-Quay"... or at least the style of the laundry room.
(A logo reading "redesigning sbemails, JERK FOOT, FOR UNDER 50 BUCKS" appears, The Paper comes down)
- Asbestos-Free Cereal: An easter egg features a board game called "Color Wheel Roulette", which promises "50% fewer deaths than Russian variety" and "Twice as many deaths as Garden Variety".
- Chroma Key: Strong Bad briefly imagines painting the walls of the computer room in "that magic green screen paint that Hollywood still thinks looks good." It results in Strong Bad's eyes briefly disappearing, and Coach Z appearing to be a floating disembodied head when he wanders into the room.Strong Bad: Oh, bread aisle! Warm me with your enriched, bleached bosom! And please, give me back my sight.
- Disco Dan: Strong Bad disses the Cheat's iMac, telling the Cheat "Somebody sliced off the back of your monitor," and calling the Mac's mouse a "plastic bar of soap". Also, Strong Bad's idea of bringing the "No Loafing" sign into the digital age is replacing it with a low-tech LED display.
- Incredibly Lame Fun: Strong Bad lists one of the benefits of having a green-screen wall as "being able to frolic through the bread aisle without leaving the house!".
- Lampshade Hanging: This SBEmail, the first one in about eight weeks, opens with Strong Bad turning on the lights in his computer room and taking some yellow warning tape off the Lappy.
- Malicious Misnaming: Strong Bad eventually mangles Jamie's name into "Quay-Quay".
- Mundane Made Awesome: The LED version of the "No Loafing" sign is introduced with much fanfare.
- Take That, Audience!: Strong Bad reacts to Jamie saying he's "getting bored" of the "NO LOAFING" sign and the blue wall paint by mocking him:Strong Bad: That's so funny that you should say that (mumbles the name "Jamie"), because I was just thinking how bored I am with your butt, and your face, and your snotty nose!