Fives has been placed under arrest for his actions in trying to save Tup, who died shortly after the removal of a mysterious tumor from his brain. Now that tumor is the only way to find out why Tup died, and Fives is told by Shaak Ti that, at Chancellor Palpatine's request, the tumor will be sent to the Grand Army medical facility on Coruscant, with Fives staying on Kamino. Shaak Ti, however, insists on having the tumor sent to the Jedi Temple first, something Nala Se does not intend to let happen, swapping cases behind the Jedi Master's back. Fives sees it, though, and upon discovering that the Kaminoans intend to mind-wipe him so he can't reveal what he knows, he goes on the run with AZI-3, determined to uncover the truth at any cost...
- Acting Unnatural: Told to "act normal" upon entering a room full of clone cadets in training, AZI-3 proceeds to sing "la-la-la-la" and otherwise attract the attention of two Kaminoans, blowing his and Fives' cover.
- Exact Words: When Fives demands Nala Se explain the chips, she explains precisely what they are: inhibitor chips, implanted on the orders of Sifo-Dyas, that are supposed to prevent them from acting aggressive like their source Jango Fett. While not a lie, it doesn't reveal the chips' full purpose.
- He Knows Too Much: Fives and AZI-3 are due to get their memories wiped for having indirectly discovered the control chips, but they're able to escape after an unwitting AZI-3 spills this to Fives, who has been told he was going to a physical.
- Hope Spot: The episode ends with Fives going to Coruscant with Shaak Ti to continue the investigation of the inhibitor chip.
- Huge Rider, Tiny Mount: AZI-3 has a speeder-bike survival mode. Since he's much smaller than Fives, this is the result.
- Important Haircut: Fives getting his head shaved when AZI-3 extracts his inhibitor chip signifies that he's free of the clones' mind control.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Fives was going to get his memory wiped and be reassigned to sanitation, but thanks to AZI-3 spilling the beans, he is able to escape.
- Mugged for Disguise: Fives has AZI-3 lure another clone into a storage room whom he knocks out and steals his armor so he can go around unnoticed. It should be noted that this would be a lot easier than in other forms of fiction, since as a clone, they all have exactly the same size clothing.
- One-Man Army: Fives causes a lot of trouble in Tipoca City single-handedly while trying to uncover the truth, starting with beating up four fellow clones and a Kaminoan in less than one minute after discovering he's in danger of a memory wipe.
- One-Word Title: "Fugitive".
- Satchel Switcheroo: Behind Shaak Ti's back, Nala Se has the case with the tumor swapped out for an identical, empty one. Fives, however, sees the switch.
- Spanner in the Works: AZI-3 does it again by revealing to Fives that he's going to have his memory wiped, allowing the ARC trooper to escape, have his chip removed, and discover that all of the clones have them.
- Stunned Silence: The reactions of several Kaminoans and droids to Fives beating up four other clones and a Kaminoan single-handedly in less than a minute. They do not even try to stop him when he runs away.
- We Need a Distraction: Fives hijacks a starship and sends it into orbit unmanned as a diversion so he can sneak back into Tipoca City.