Marco's dragon-cycle Nachos was kidnapped by the wraiths he stole El Choppo from, forcing him to return to the dimension he'd traveled in for years, this time with Star along for the ride.
- Ambiguously Bi: Star gushes over Marco's adult form and becomes just as enamored with Brunzetta.
- Bond One-Liner: Marco says "And I said, 'That's nacho bike!'" Star points out he never actually said that during the fight.
- Crush Blush: Star's reaction to both "abs" Marco and Brunzetta.
- Eating the Eye Candy: Star can't hide her desire to see Marco in his grownup barbarian form. Indeed, her entire reason for going with him is "Abs."
- Embarrassing Nickname: Yammy for Marco, referring to the time he was turned into a yam for a year.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Marco explains how he 'found' El Choppo, in a place it was clearly placed deliberately, which causes him to realize someone needed it to stay there.
- History Repeats: Marco once against spends years of his life in the other dimension.
- Literal-Minded: The singing telegram messenger who delivers the ransomgram spent months looking for Marco Diaz' room — which Star had only just restored — rather than Marco Diaz himself.
- Love Bubbles: Star sandwiched between Brunzetta and "abs" Marco sees them both surrounded by pink bubbles.
- Must Make Amends: Once Marco discovers stealing El Choppo unleashed a fire demon on the ice kingdom, he decides to return to the sword and spend the next few years repairing the damage.
- Narnia Time: The time rates between dimensions varies depends on the needs of the plot: Back in "Running With Scissors" two years passed for every minute on Earth or Mewni, which is about a million times as fast. It's been around a year on Mewni since then, but "only" a few millennia passed. Then in the last scene, times goes even faster than the first time, with Marco living years in a few seconds.
- Rhyming with Itself: The ransomgram has this:'You stole our sword
So we stole your dragoncycle
So bring back the sword
And we'll return your dragoncycle.
- Sequel Episode: Marco makes a temporary return to his otherworld adventures from "Running with Scissors", and we learn some more details of his first trip.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: It's mentioned thousands of years have passed in the other dimension since Marco left it. He ends up staying there again, in the ice kingdom, to help fix things. He's there so long he can barely remember Star. From Star's perspective, he's only gone for a few seconds.
- You Never Asked: Brunzetta knew the ice wraiths needed El Choppo, but never told Marco because she assumed he already knew.