The Play's the Thing
Aired: March 26, 2010
The Krusty Krab hosts a play Squidward plans with disastrous results.
"The Play's the Thing" contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch: The letter that Squidward reads regarding this play.Squidward: "Thank you for submitting your play, entitled 'Squidward: Strokes of Genius'. Your work speaks volumes about you as an artist, a person, and a member of society. So it is with great pleasure that we announce we will not be doing your play."
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: When the customers start throwing things at Squidward and SpongeBob, you can see that one of the things they throw is Plankton.
- My God, What Have I Done?: SpongeBob does this when he realizes he let the patties burn while acting in the play.
- Overly Long Gag: SpongeBob pretending to be a garbage truck for a prolonged period of time, which causes the patties he made to burn without attention.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: A huge crowd of anchovies shows up at the Krusty Krab for auditions, but they immediately leave the restaurant when Mr. Krabs says he won't pay them.
Aired: February 6, 2010
SpongeBob takes the Bikini Bottomites to Texas to "save" Sandy from a rodeo.
"Rodeo Daze" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Let your friends handle what they can do themselves; don't try to interfere or it could lead to consequences.
- Art Shift: When the gang gets to Texas, everything is live action.
- Floating in a Bubble: Exaggerated. SpongeBob traps his house, the entirety of Bikini Bottom, and his alarm clock in bubles.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: SpongeBob insists they go to Texas to save Sandy, but Patrick runs away out of fear of having to wear tight jeans again.
- Staring Contest: The episode starts with one between SpongeBob and Patrick. Patrick wins, but only because he thought it was a blinking contest that he was losing.
- Theme Twin Naming: Sandy is revealed to have a twin brother named Randy.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: The main reason SpongeBob wants to save Sandy from the rodeo is because "There are clowns there!"