Jesse and Cass bring Tulip's body to Angelville, where Jesse hopes that his grandmother can bring Tulip Back from the Dead.
- Abusive Parents: Marie, to the point of cutting up her daughter without any anaesthetics, just to see what she has been hiding from her.
- Afterlife Antechamber: Purgatory is a place where you have to wait until "they" come for you. Until you leave there, you can still be resurrected, if you can think of enough reason to go back.
- Back from the Dead: It takes some doing, but Tulip comes back to life.
- Bait-and-Switch: When Jody and Jesse first meet again, it seems like Jody is gonna mess him up...but then he greets him in a friendly way.
- Curb Stomp Cushion: Jesse gets some good hits against Jody, to the point of the man complimenting him, but ultimately gets beaten into submission and almost buried under a truck quite easily.
- Dark and Troubled Past: In Purgatory, it is revealed that Tulip's mom was a hooker and her father a chronic criminal, who got shot in front of her eyes.
- Deal with the Devil: It's obvious that Jesse's deal with his grandma is gonna have a big caveat.
- Enemy Mine: Jody killed Jesse's father, making him understandably not a fan of the man, and Jody seems to carry some hate for Jesse too beneath his Affably Evil exterior. They still have to work together to get a key ingredient for Grandma's spell.
- Eureka Moment: When Tulip frantically says that she needs more time, she realizes that she has to put the battery into the clock to come back to life.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Both T.C. and Jody look pretty horrified when Marie orders them to hold down her own daughter Christina to cut her up.
- Internal Reveal: Cassidy reveals to Jesse that he and Tulip had sex. Needless to say, he freaks out.
- Moral Myopia: Marie tries to guilt trip Jesse, as he abandoned his family. She doesn't even bring up killing his father and all the abuse.
- One-Man Army: Jody, who beats up the entire Boyds gang.
- Running Gag: The chicken still running around Angelville