Season 2, Episode 12:
With the seed of doubt planted in his mind by Will, Mason Verger begins enacting a plan to get his revenge on Hannibal, resulting in a deadly three-way game between them all. Meanwhile, a face from the past returns to shed some light on Hannibal's motives and methods...
- Aspect Montage: The montage of Hannibal preparing the Ukrainian meal with aspic.
- Body Horror: Mason's fate.
- The Bus Came Back: Bedelia Du Maurier.
- Call-Back: When Will reveals to Hannibal that he told Mason about how Hannibal wants him dead, the latter asks him why, to which Will responds in a manner that mirrors Hannibal's confession to Abigail in "Relevés":Will: I was curious what would happen.
- Cut Himself Shaving: Mason insists to Jack that all his injuries are the result of falling down in the pig's stables. Ironically enough, as per the trope name, his injuries are the result of him taking a blade to his own face.
- Demonic Head Shake: During his Mushroom Samba sequence, Mason Verger envisions Hannibal shaking his head this way for a few seconds until it changes into a boar head.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Subverted. Will's vision comes true but only up to the part where he slits Hannibal up.
- Game Face: When we finally see Mason Verger's mutilated face in full light.
- It's Personal with the Dragon: Carlo says "It's Personal" after Hannibal kills Matteo.
- Laughing Mad: Verger, under the influence of the psychedelic drug.
- Mushroom Samba: Mason Verger when he gets the hallucinatory drug administered by Hannibal.
- Neck Snap: Hannibal snaps Mason Verger's neck this way, but non-fatally, so Verger is left merely paralyzed from the neck down rather than dead.
- Slashed Throat: What Will does to Hannibal in his vision early on.
- Smash Cut: The cut to the squeaking pigs in Will's vision.
- Tap on the Head: Will passes out after a knock to his head and hence misses all the action at the pig stall.