Bored out of their wits, Philo and Gunge go into the rock and run into the Doozers, who crowned Gunge as their king, due to him matching the description. Gunge enjoys the high life but begins to miss Philo. The latter whose annoyed at the former shutting him out, meddles with the painting and convinces the Doozers he's the rightful king. They kicked out Gunge, who realizes how conditional the Doozer's admiration is. Philo finds being the king to be lonely as well, and when Gunge returns, they both leave.
This episode contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: Philo and Gunge's day.
- Fake King: Philo convinces the Doozers Gunge is this.
- Lonely at the Top: Philo and Gunge both find being a king is isolating.
- The Prophecy: The Doozers have one stating that their king will return.
- Rightful King Returns: The Doozer believe Gunge is their's and crown him.