Peter gets fired for driving a forklift through an executive meeting, and suffers from impotence when Lois gets a job at the grocery store.
- Adults Are Useless: Peter couldn't even do something as simple as make dinner without killing his kids. Though they appear later on alive and well, without any explanation.
- Body Horror: Peter tries to drop a beached whale into the ocean with his forklift and accidentally eviscerates it while it is still alive.
- Breather Episode: After the last couple of immensely tearjerking Game Changer episodes, this one centers around Peter's antics with a forklift, and later, impotence.
- Either/Or Title: The full title is "Peter Problems, or How Peter Got His Groove Back" (though it appears on cable and TV guides as "Peter Problems," meaning that the full title could have been a Working Title that got shortened before broadcast).
- "Lion King" Lift: Peter shows up a monkey holding up a lion cub by lifting a cub with his new forklift.Giraffe #1: Uh, are you gonna stay for the bris?Giraffe #2: Nah, I don't wanna see that!
- Misplaced Wildlife: In a scene parodying the beginning and ending of The Lion King (1994), tigers are seen among the African animals. Tigers are supposed to live in Asia.
- Status Quo Is God: Peter's job at the brewery is given back to him at the end of the episode.
- Too Dumb to Live: Peter tries to chug a huge vat of beer at work, while operating a forklift.