Original Air Date: December 15, 2013
In this Christmas Episode, Peter tries to get Lois' father, Carter, into the spirit while Stewie finds a way to get Brian back and prevent his death.
This episode contains examples of:
- The Bus Came Back: Averted, as Stewie prevents Brian from dying.
- Call-Back: A one-off cutaway from "Life of Brian" depicting Stewie jumping forward in time to get a Christmas toy early becomes very important to the plot.
- Deconstructive Parody: see "Home Alone" Antics
- Funny Background Event: See Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.
- The Grinch: Carter doesn't likes Christmas.
- Groin Attack: Brian gets from Stewie after being saved by Future Stewie.
- Half Way Plot Switch: The first half has Peter teaching Carter the holiday spirit; once that is resolved, the second half being about Stewie getting Brian back.
- "Home Alone" Antics: Parodied in a cutaway gag, showing what would happen if the robbers in the trope namer were smart.
- Humiliation Conga/Laser-Guided Karma: Carter suffer this.
- Negative Continuity: Peter reappeared in this episode, alive and well, despite shooting himself at the end of the previous episode, "In Harmony's Way".
- Reality Ensues: See "Home Alone" Antics. Instead of being bumbling Stupid Crooks, the thieves are a No-Nonsense Nemesis, doubly so for the one that puts a bullet in the Kevin Captain Ersatz the moment he gets a clear shot at him.
- Retgone: Due to his actions, Future!Stewie gets erased from existence for saving Brian, leaving only Brian with the knowledge of what would have happened.
- Sequel Episode: Big time. This continues the arc from "Life of Brian".
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Stewie going back in time to save Brian from getting run over by the car.
- Shout-Out: Home Alone: What if it had intelligent criminals who are wise to any possible deterrents?
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Vinnie. He only appeared for less than 2 and a half episodes, and after the end of this one, he's only appeared again once, three seasons later.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Stewie in the first half. After Brian's death in "Life of Brian", he definitely is a potential Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds.
- Later inverted, as this Stewie is retconned from the Family Guy canon at the end of the episode, and the "real" one shows how much he takes Brian for granted by giving him a groin attack.
- Would Hurt a Child: The robbers of the Home Alone Cutaway Gag put a bullet on the kid's head the moment they get a clear shot.