It's Christmas time, and Krillin decides that there's only one way to get a decent tree- Dragon Balls! Naturally, Shenron takes offense over being summoned for such a trivial thing, and brings to Earth a group of Space Pirates who plant a tree that sucks up all of the joy in the world...the Christmas Tree of Might.
- Adapted Out: Icarus, almost entirely, who goes from taking up about half the movie to being a Credits Gag.
- Christmas Episode: Yes. Hilariously, Lanipator has stated that this is his favourite installment in the abridged series because of the fact that the joke he came up with for the title, Christmas Tree of Might, is what the whole Christmas-themed plot and humour is written around. This title is pretty much the entire reason for the movie being a Christmas Episode.
- Call-Back: Tien calling Jinga and Beru "f**king weeaboos" is a call-back to The Stinger of Episode 16, where King Kai refuses to teach the Earth Z-fighters the Kaioken because Yamcha misprounced its name.
- Motive Rant: Turles gives one on why he hates Christmas.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The whole special happened because Krillin wanted a Christmas tree from Shenron. Asking for it right in front of the animals that lost their home to a forest fire probably didn't help.
- Non-Serial Movie: The movie being non-canon is heavily lampshaded in the credits and post credits scene.note Vegeta: This is so non-canon, it hurts.
- Take That!: When King Kai tells Goku that the Christmas Tree of Might is sucking up all the holiday joy from the world, what's Goku's response?Goku: That's Disney evil!
- Title Drop: Said word for word when the Misfit Minions plant the tree. Humorously, the one who plants it doesnt know what the lead one means because he isnt specific enough, so he has to drop the title for it to get planted.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Shenron actually seems begrudgingly okay with being summoned to return the forest that Gohan, Krillin, Bulma and Oolong (semi) accidentally burned down. Then Krillin says he just wants a Christmas tree, despite being surrounded by the now-homeless forest creatures at that very second. You can hear the complete and utter disgust in Shenron's voice as he agrees, kicking off the film's conflict.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: The credits state that Krillin got a girlfriend (Maron), but wasn't allowed to keep her because she wasn't canon.