Archer babysits AJ for a weekend before a Pakistani intelligence agent takes them both hostage. Back at the office, the group attend poker night.
This episode provides examples of:
- Comically Missing the Point: When Slater asks why Archer has a baby in the apartment, Archer launches into a birds and bees talk about how he got a baby.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right: Archer initially believes Farooq to be an actor hired by Lana to test how well he can babysit AJ. Turns out he was right.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Slater slaps Farooq to shut him up.
- Jerk Ass Ball: Lana conspired with Malory to implement this little test of Archer's babysitting trustworthiness. However, Malory shares virtually all of Archer's bad habits (especially drinking while watching the baby) and yet Lana apparently doesn't see any need to do something similar to Malory to prove her trustworthiness, even though Lana leaves A.J. in her care more than once. Combined with the real danger that A.J. was in, it is pretty clear that this was just a stab at Archer, and that Lana doesn't worry much about A.J.'s well-being when Archer is not involved.
- Just Between You and Me: Farooq brags to Archer about his entire plan despite Archer explicitly telling him that he doesn't care. Archer immediately asks why Farooq would tell him this, as Archer would just tell the CIA.
- Noodle Incident: A night Archer had in a Karachi whorehouse that suddenly went from "bad to much, much worse." All we know is it involved him saying "I'm sorry," and actually saying "no shit, you goat-raping pig-devil."
- Papa Wolf: Farooq threatening AJ causes Archer to snap into Papa Wolf mode, promising to beat him to death barehanded.
- The Reveal: Farooq is an improv actor hired by Lana to see if Archer could handle taking care of AJ by himself.
- What the Hell, Hero?: For once, Lana gets this as the gang point out how completely out of line this entire "test" of Archer was.
- "World of Cardboard" Speech:Archer: Whatever badass shit that you heard I did, you really need some context because pretty much my whole life, pretty much right up until this minute, my default setting has been "half-ass." [cracks neck] But that was before I had a child. A child you threatened to harm. [...] So imagine, as I literally beat you to death, hang on, yeah, literally, that a giant hand has turned my dial from "half-ass" to "quadruple-ass."