Cheryl sends a private jet to pick up Archer, and the crew fly over Nellis, home to Area 51. Back at the office, Malory asks Lana to name the baby after her.
This episode provides examples of:
- Area 51: Most of the episode takes place there.
- Bavarian Fire Drill: Archer gives Slater's clearance code to the Area 51 colonel and bullshits his way out of an arrest and into the officers club.
- Black Site: Archer claims to be taking the rest of the ISIS crew (bar Ray, who he claims is his pilot) to one as part of the aforementioned Bavarian Fire Drill, threatening to drop the base's commanding officer in one as well.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Archer gives one to the Air Force soldiers that try to relieve him of his weapon.
- Despair Event Horizon: Whatever the Greys told Pam and Krieger about the universe and life was enough to turn the two into blubbering wrecks begging to be taken away from Earth.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Ray flies too close to Area 51's airspace, rather than warn them they were approaching restricted airspace by radio or intercept them with fighters, the base immediately opens fire with surface-to-air missiles.
- Dog Got Sent to a Farm: Ray sent his "teacup pig" to live on a farm. He realizes mid sentence that this means the pig has probably been slaughtered.Pam: Yeah, they don't keep them around for their milk.
- Everyone Has Standards: Archer is the only one that doesn't want to get close to Area 51 because it's restricted airspace and he doesn't want to mess with the Air Force.
- Gargle Blaster: De-icing fluid and Tang, although it's Archer drinking it.
- The Greys: The U.S. government is allegedly harboring these at Nellis according to Krieger and Pam. They're right.
- Not What It Looks Like: Some security guys find Archer standing over a downed guard with a drink in one hand and his weapon in the other. Pam was the one who knocked the guard out, and Archer was just following the trail to prevent her and Krieger (who were allegedly Archer's prisoners) being shot on sight.
- Now or Never Kiss: Parodied with Archer and Cheryl when she falls into his arms during the plane crash. He immediately drops her on the ground afterward.
- Only Sane Man: Archer, of all people, is the one who tries to talk Ray out of flying closer to Nellis on the grounds that Area 51 is a protected military site that is very capable of shooting them down.
- Refuge in Audacity: Probably the only thing that gets the ISIS crew through this episode. After a SAM hits one of the plane's engine, Ray has to set it down or crash...so he lands at the base that just shot at them, before Archer casually impersonates a CIA agent and threatens the base's commander to avoid getting them arrested. When the deception falls through, he knocks out five armed men on his own, steals their uniforms, and the group steals an Air Force cargo plane.
- Telepathic Spacemen: The Greys, to Krieger's great excitement.
- Teleporters and Transporters: When Archer is just about to come around the corner and see them, the Greys psychically teleport away, leaving Archer disbelieving Krieger and Pam's claims.