Xera is a band from Asturias, Spain. Their music is a mixture of traditional Asturian folknote and techno. So their music varies from folk songs with dense electronic rhythm sections; to energetic techno songs with gaita, fiddle, and bouzouki carrying the melody; to everything in between.
- Lliendes (2006)
- Tierra (2009)
- Llume (2012)
- Vérval: bouzouki, keys, vocals
- Flavia: fiddle, hurdy-gurdy, rabelnote
- Míguel: percussion, vocals
- Hanni: keys, guitar, gaita, percussion, vocals
- Ana: keys
- Nue (former member): gaita, flute
Provides examples of:
- Cherubic Choir: Sampled in several tracks on Tierra.
- Drone of Dread: On "Inda".
- Everything's Louder with Bagpipes: Or gaitas—Spanish bagpipes—in this case.
- Green Aesop: The entire theme of Tierra—living in harmony with the natural world.
- Ghost Town: "Valdescabres" is about an abandoned countryside village.
- No Full Name Given: Their publicity material only mentions their first names, if it mentions any names at all.
- Nude Nature Dance: The music video for the song "Natura" features a bit of this.
- Scatting: "Ànimes" has a bunch of "Mmmm"s and "Aaaaah"s for vocals.
- Subdued Section: In nearly every song.