The Project Hate MCMXCIX are a Swedish Death Metal band with Industrial influences that was formed in 1998 by Lord K. Philipson and Jorgen Sandstrom. They recorded a demo with the help of Dan Swano in the winter of that same year. After recording 3 tracks and sending them out to various studios, they were signed by Massacre Records (based in Germany) in 1999. Afterwards, they acquired female vocalist Mia Stahl and began recording their debut album, which was released worldwide in 2000.
Since then, they have gone through several second guitarists, bassists, drummers and female vocalists, though the two founding members remain. Their most recent album was There Is No Earth I Will Leave Unscorched, released independently in 2014.
- Jorgen Sandstrom (vocals)
- Ruby Roque (vocals)
- Tobben Gustafsson (drums)
- Lord K. Philipson (guitars, bass, programmings, keyboards, serpents and backing vocals)
- Cybersonic Superchrist (2000)
- When We Are Done, Your Flesh Will Be Ours (2001)
- Killing Helsinki (2003)
- Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate (2003)
- Armageddon March Eternal - Symphonies of Slit Wrists (2005)
- In Hora Mortis Nostrae (2007)
- Deadmarch - Initiation of Blasphemy (2009)
- The Lustrate Process (2009)
- Bleeding the New Apocalypse - Cum Victricis in Manibus Armis (2011)
- The Cadaverous Retaliation Agenda (2012)
- There Is No Earth I Will Leave Unscorched (2014)
The Project Hate provides examples of:
- Album Title Drop: "Forsaken by the Naked Light of Day".
- Death Metal: Mixed with Industrial Metal and Symphonic Metal.
- Epic Rocking: The vast majority of their output is over 6 minutes in length, with half of their songs being over 8 minutes and fair chunk of those breaching the 10-minute mark.
- Harsh Vocals
- Kill It with Fire: The appropriately titled "Burn".
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Usually 9 or 10, but the more industrial influenced songs can go as low as 3.
- Rage Againstthe Heavens
- Rock Me, Asmodeus!
- Sopranoand Gravel
- Vocal Tag Team
- Villain Protagonist