Mnemicnote is a metal band from Denmark. They formed in 1998, although they did not release an album until 5 years after. They are known for their mechanical, palm-muted style of playing as well as their powerful sound. Mnemic is just about unknown outside of the metal world, but they are well-known among metalheads and have gained a strong cult following over the years. Their eclectic influences from various metal sub-genres make them a difficult band to classify. They incorporate elements of Industrial Metal, Groove Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Alternative Metal, Progressive Metal, Metalcore, and Nu Metal. However, the band members themselves describe their music as "Future Fusion Metal".
Despite their obscurity in America, they are fairly popular in their native country; they cracked the Top 100 in Denmark with their sophomore album, and were the first metal group in their country to open up the Roskilde Festival, one of Europe's biggest mainstream music events. They have released a solid 5 albums in less than 10 years, and continue to go strong today. Oh, and they are also one of Metallica's favorite bands.
- Mechanical Spin Phenomena (2003)
- The Audio Injected Soul (2004)
- Passenger (2007)
- Sons of the System (2010)
- Mnemesis (2012)
The band and their music provide examples of:
- Fun with Acronyms: Their name also stands for Mainly Neurotic Energy Modifying Instant Creation.
- Intentionally Awkward Title: "Psykorgasm," "Pigfuck" and "Electric I'd Hypocrisy" off Passenger.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: 8 or 9, occasionally dipping down to 7.
- Unfortunate Names: Their second frontman's surname, at least to the Swedes note
- Vocal Dissonance: Guillaume Bideau, their third vocalist, has the appearance of a tough guy whose singing ought to fit his looks (i.e.gritty and all-around gruff). In actuality, his cleans showcase a very melodic metalcore influence, generally sounding higher than either his speaking or screaming/shouting.