Shibazeki Suiren is a stunningly beautiful girl. When she joins high school, most of her classmates are ashtonished by her beauty, but after noticing her quiet manners and lack of contact with anyone else except her friends Yuri and Aya, she receives the nickname "Takane no Hana" (lit. "Flower in a Peak"), a beautiful being but impossible to reach. However, after a fellow freshman called Kawasumi Kouha saves her from a suitor, she finds herself mesmerized by him... as he's the only boy who won't look at her no matter what.
A sweet romance manga about a couple of Twice Shy high school students, Hibi Chouchou (lit. Daily Butterfly) is a shoujo manga by Suu Morishita serialized in the biweekly magazine Margaret since February 2012 to June 2015, later compiled into 12 volumes. The series has been licensed in France by Panini and in Germany by Altraverse.
This manga contains examples of:
- Adorkable: Kawasumi has shades of this tropes, given his dedication to karate and his stumbling interactions (initially) with Suiren.
- Always Someone Better: Atohira is this for Kawasumi.
- Ambiguously Gay: Aya is tomboyish, has no interest in boys, is deeply concerned about Suiren and seems to be very cautious of Kawasumi. Whether she has a crush on Suiren or is just very protective is unknown.
- Later averted, as she's revealed to have a crush on Ryosuke.
- Beta Couple: Ryosuke and his classmate Mina.
- Crossover: With Mika Yamamori's Daytime Shooting Star for one chapter, in a What If? situation where Suiren and Daytime's protagonist Suzume switched roles.
- Childhood Friends: Kawasumi and Ryousuke. Aya and Suiren, too.
- The Ghost: Yuri claims to have a crush on one of her coworkers, but we never see who is.
- Happily Married: Suiren's parents. They fondly talk about exchange diaries when Kawasumi is visiting her home.
- In-Series Nickname: Suiren gets "Takane no Hana", as she is very beautiful but barely anyone can reach her. Yuri was called Sayuri in middle school, or so she claims.
- Last-Name Basis: Suiren and Kawasumi always call each other by their last names.
- Megane: Kawasumi.
- Official Couple: Suiren and Kawasumi, since very early chapters.
- Pair the Spares: After being dumped by both of the main characters, Koharu and Atohira become a couple.
- The Quiet One: Suiren and Kawasumi.
- The Rival: Suiren for Koharu. Also, in karate matters, Atohira for Kawasumi.
- Rapunzel Hair: Suiren has very long and flowy hair.
- Rose-Haired Girl: Suiren.
- Second Love: Koharu towards Atohira.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Suiren. Her beauty attracts both boys and girls, but nobody attempts to look past and puts her on a pedestal.
- Stoic Spectacles: Kawasumi wears these, although he takes them off when he fights.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Aya is the tomboy, Yuri the girly girl.
- Twice Shy: Suiren and Kawasumi: her social skills are bad because she isolated herself to keep away anyone that wanted her only for her beauty, while he is very awkward around girls.
- Will They or Won't They?: Suiren and Kawasumi develop their relationship very slowly, and despite reciprocating each other's feelings they barely hold hands or hug. After a year of dating, they finally kiss.