An index of various tropes that involve summoning or causing something to appear.
Related to Teleportation Tropes.
- Blow That Horn: Blowing a horn to summon aid.
- Call on Me: An ally summoned by calling their name.
- Eat the Summoner: A monster, on being summoned or released, devours its would-be caller.
- Enemy Summoner: An enemy that summons other enemies.
- Frivolous Summoning: A character is summoned for something they probably didn't need to be summoned for.
- Hammerspace: Characters pulling improbably large or numerous items out of thin air.
- Improvised Golems: Building golems or other constructs out of whatever junk's on hand.
- Inconvenient Summons: A character is annoyed at being summoned while doing something embarrassing or private.
- Monster Closet: Monsters hidden in otherwise empty and unused hidden rooms that open up when you pass by.
- Mook Maker: An object that creates steady streams of enemies.
- Summon Backup Dancers: A character pulls backup dancers out of who knows where for a musical number.
- Summon Bigger Fish: If a monster is attacking you, summon a worse one to deal with it.
- Summon Binding: Supplementary magic to make sure the things you summon do what you want them to do.
- Summon Everyman Hero: An average person from our world is called into another for adventure.
- Summon Magic: Magic that summons monsters (usually) under your control.
- Summon to Hand: An item that can be called on to come directly to your hand.
- Summoning Artifact: Artifacts that can be used to summon entities.
- Summoning Ritual: Using a ritual to summon something.
- Teleporting Keycard Squad: Taking an item calls in an instant swarm of enemies.
- Weaponized Offspring: A creature gives birth to large amounts of weak enemies as a defense mechanism.
- With My Dying Breath, I Summon You: The Big Bad has just enough strength to summon something worse before they die.