- Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of Him on earth!
The Imperial Fists was a Legion, then a chapter of Imperial Space Marines in Warhammer 40,000, bred from and lead by their primarch, Rogal Dorn. Noted for their determination and discipline even by Warhammer 40,000 Imperial Space Marine standards, along with being considerable expertise at siege warfare. The other Legion that similarly specialised in siegecraft before the Horus Heresy was the Iron Warriors, fostering a rivalry that would develop into outright hatred during the Heresy, and would only get worse after it.
Chris Robeson's Sons of Dorn is an Imperial Fists novel; they also feature in Graham McNeill's Storm Of Iron and Horus Heresy novel Fulgrim.The Imperial Fists were the chapter focused on in the first ever Warhammer 40K novel about Space Marines, the tellingly-titled Space Marine, which formed a kind of prequel novel to Ian Watson's Inquisition War trilogy.
They were originally believed to be the founding chapter for the Soul Drinkers.
Check out the character sheet.
Tropes associated with the novels include:
- Arch-Enemy: The Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors were at loggerheads long before the Heresy. Now, the rivalry has transformed into one of the bitterest hatreds in the galaxy. And that's saying something.
- The Atoner: Imperial Fists, who are inclined to feel responsible or otherwise guilty for the deaths of their teammates.
- The Bait
- The Cavalry
- Combat Pragmatist
- Fan Nickname: Imp Fists.
- Frozen Face
- Gladiator Games
- Honor Before Reason: They are Space Marines, after all.
- In the Back
- Last Stand
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen
- Meaningful Name
- Named Weapons
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge
- So Proud of You
- Was It Really Worth It?
- We Need a Distraction