There's a reason Joe Oriolo's cartoons promised viewers "You'll laugh so much, your sides will ache" from watching Felix the Cat!
- The ending punchline of Felix Doubles for Darwin; Felix tracks down a group of monkeys and asks if man is descended from them, so he can help a friend win a cash prize with the answer. The monkeys are so insulted at being compared to man, that they chase Felix all the way across the ocean. Felix meets up with his friend, and gives him the answer just before they both run away;—Felix: "The monkeys come after us!"
- The climax of Felix Turns the Tide has Felix saving the day from the army of rats with his own army of living hot dogs, all delivered by wire to help him. Also doubles as a Moment of Awesome.
- Comicalamities is one of the funniest shorts in the series, but Its highlight has to be the moment where the cartoon almost does an Iris Out—only for Felix to abruptly force it back open!
- In "Felix's Gold Mine", the Professor uses a cannon to get on the top of Felix's mine. Rock Bottom's job is to put the cannon in position and count down.Rock Bottom: 10, 9, 8... What comes after eight, Professor?
Professor: Seven, stupid!
Rock Bottom: 7, stupid, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1, fire!
- In "How to Steal a Gold Mine?", the Professor and Rock Bottom climbs to Felix's mine. The Professor accidentally ropes a mountain goat's horns and it starts banging heads with the Professor like a paddle ball.Rock Bottom: Hey Professor, this is no time to play games!
Professor: Tell him!
- In Master Cylinder, King of the Moon", we have Professor's abrupt encounter with a hot air balloon pilot in the middle of deep space. Professor, instead of questioning this phenomenon, just gets annoyed and moves on.Professor: "Sunday flyers!"
- "Felix the Cat Suit" has a funny climax where Professor gets put through the wringer by Felix as he's helplessly dragged throughout the entire house, pipes and stormdrain as he pathetically pleas for mercy.
- "Captain No Kiddin" shows that Professor is so absentminded, that he can't even remember his own name."I'll get that little Magic Bag, or my name isn't...now, what is my name? (cough) Funny, I know it as well as my own name!"
- In "Felix and Vavoom", Rock Bottom fully admits to Professor that he's aware he's not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree."Excuse me, boss, I forgot what I'm supposed to do. I'm so stupid!"
- In "The Exchanging Machine", Poindexter's constant habit of getting blown up by his attempts to create rocket fuel formula is lampshaded by an exasperated Master Cylinder."Another explosion! We'll never get that secret rocket fuel!"
- In "Starburst" (Felix the Cat (Four Color) Dell Comics, #135, 1946), Felix is cursed by a jinx due to a red star floating above his head that follows him everywhere he goes. He decides to consult an astronomer to ask him what this means, and he tactlessly tells him "You were born! That was a mistake!"