This is essentially an animated Woody Allen movie so there's plenty of funny.
- So much of Z's dialogue.Z: Lunatic at three o'clock.Z: I'll have you know, I have it from a very reliable source...well, maybe a drunk raving source...Z: Tunnel opening ceremony.Z: Every worker in the colony is here!... Hey, wait a minute, that guy owes me money...Z: Who the hell is that? (when faced with a penny)
- When Z, disguised as a soldier, is introduced to Bala at a ceremony, he gives a sexy growl at her instead of the formal greetings he'd given to the Queen and Mandible. Keep in mind, this is Woody Allen making a sexy growl.
- "Be the ball!"note Z: This is a lawsuit waiting to happen!
- "The ants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah/We slaughter termites just for fun, hurrah, hurrah!"
- The signs the cheering ants hold up for Z:
- "WELCOME HOME, TROOP
S" with the S hastily crossed out.
- "ONE TO NOTHING, WE WIN!"
- "WELCOME HOME, TROOP
- Z's pathetic attempts at being a soldier ant. Highlights include him telling another soldier he'll get out soon since he's got a trial membership—for the army.
- Aphid beers are either this or squick. Their legs even wiggle when you drink!
- Some of Cutter's dialogue can be this thanks to his being voiced by Christopher Walken.
- Weaver voicing that there would be consequences for talking about impersonating a soldier and even listening to ants talking about impersonating a soldier. Cut to a wide shot of soldiers eavesdropping and immediately going back to sleep.
- For some reason, Z being aghast watching Bala screaming as she passes by, stuck underneath a battleship-sized sneaker, is just hilarious.
- The grizzled veteran ant soldier Barbatus is a wellspring of Black Comedy:Barbatus: [as Z picks up his still-living severed head] Be honest, kid. Am I hurt bad?
- Also, Z tells him he'll put him back in his body, and looks around to find nothing but dead bodies everywhere.
- The ants protest by singing "All we are saying, is give Z a chance!"
- The scene where Z is somehow mistaken for attempting to take Bala hostage while trying to hide behind her. The scene itself is pretty funny already, but when Z decides to roll with it, what does he do? Grabs a piece of food from a nearby serving tray and threatens her with it. Given that he holds it pretty close to her mouth, it almost looks like he intends to force-feed her if nobody backs off.Z: One more move and the princess gets it!