The film was released, outside North America, on DVD in summer 2008 as part of the "Ultimate Pixar Collection", a box set of Pixar films. It was then included as a special feature on the Wall E special edition DVD and Blu-ray releases, which were launched on November 18, 2008.
- Awesome, Dear Boy: John Lasseter claims that his first incentive for a career in animation was "I get paid to make cartoons!"
- The Determinator: Lasseter went straight from directing A Bug's Life to turning Toy Story 2 around in less than eight months.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: From being fired from your dream job for merely suggesting that computer graphics be used for feature animation to running the very same business alongside your own startup company, now the most popular and successful computer animation company in the world. And all it took was thirty years!
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Averted like whoa.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The Pixar staff when they realize their success has inadvertently killed traditional animation.
- New Media Are Evil: Averted. The documentary makes it clear that computer animation is just a tool that cannot replace a skilled animator.
- Wham Line: When John Lasseter is called down to the main office at Disney after pitching The Brave Little Toaster.Your project is complete, so now your employment with the Walt Disney Company has been terminated.