- THIS HELMET IS CHAFING MY EYEBROWS! I SWEAR!
In A Lost Hope, the Jedi Council is forced to come to terms with Anakin Skywalker's fall "to the bleak blackness of the dark side," Obi-Wan's alcoholism (Ewan McGregor was once an alcoholic), and why Mace Windu is the only black Jedi. Anakin claims that he is the most powerful Jedi ever, suspects that Padme is pregnant, and vows revenge on Obi-Wan for calling him "quite the poo-poo head." Meanwhile, Palpatine announces to the Senate (composed of Sesame Street characters) that "you are all morons," and Jar Jar Binks becomes the target for big-game hunters.
A Lost Hope contains examples of the following tropes:
- Actually, I Am Him: In the scene at the end with Darth Vader and Padme that parodies the famous I Am Your Father scene at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.
- Affectionate Parody: Could we be more obvious?!
- Artificial Limbs: Anakin's is used for a gag where his robot hand (which resembles a claw toy) reaches for Padme's face.Padme: (pushes it away) Other hand.
- The Cameo: Elmo, Ernie, the Cookie Monster and Series/ALF all appear in the senate where Palpatine calls them morons.
- Expecting Someone Taller: Windu's retaliation against Vader when he says he expected him to be better.
- I Am Your Father: Parodied in the finale between Darth Vader and Padme:Vader: Join me, and we can rule the galaxy together!Padme (STILL PREGNANT): Never! Obi-Wan said you killed my husband, the father of my child!Vader: No, Padme... I am your babies' daddy!
- Large Ham: EVERYONE.
- Mood Whiplash: The very beginning, with Palpatine talking to Vader, who rises from his operating table...only to abruptly shout "OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" and take off his helmet, complaining that his helmet is making his eyebrows chafe.
- Obvious Pregnancy: In every scene after her pregnancy test, Padme looks like she has a giant beachball under her clothes. Seriously, it looks like Luke and Leia have already grown into teenagers in there.
- Suddenly Voiced: Parodied with EPT-1338 (the R2-D2 Captain Ersatz), who suddenly possesses a Robo Speak voice in his one scene.
- Take That, Scrappy!: Jar-Jar is backhanded twice, first by Palpatine and then by Anakin, then gets shot with several darts.
- Toilet Humor: "PEE ON THIS STICK. PEE ON IT."
- Wacky Sound Effect:
- Padme's huge pregnant belly makes a noise like a water balloon when she reveals it to Anakin.
- Darth Vader and Palpatine doing a high-five.