Curse of the Talisman is a made for TV horror film. The story about a young man named Jeremy Campbell who accidentally revives an evil gargoyle thanks to a magic talisman. Jeremy works to stop the gargoyle from trying to re-awaken the rest of its kind with the power of the talisman.
Curse of the Talisman contains examples of the following tropes:
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: The gargoyles all have claws that are strong and sharp enough to climb up buildings.
- Action Girl: Fiona
- All Animals Are Dogs: Averted with the gargoyle Jeremy and Darryl discover.
- All Myths Are True: Explicitly the myths wherein the gargoyles are not the goodguys.
- And the Adventure Continues: The film ends with Father Eccleston heading out to hunt down the rest of the talismans.
- Batman Gambit: Father Eccleston tries to use his holy water against the gargoyles but it's lost. The group sets off the fire system and he blesses the water, killing the rest of the gargoyles.
- Cool Old Guy: Father Eccleston
- Downer Ending: The gargoyles are all killed and the talisman rendered useless. Sadly their are several more still out in the world that Father Eccleston has to hunt down.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Jeremy to Fiona.
- Extreme Omnivore: Averted, the gargolyes only eat meat, any kind of meat.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: The gargoyles' eyes glow red.
- Hunter of Monsters: Father Eccleston.
- Kryptonite Factor: The gargoyles can be killed with holy water.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The whole situation might have been avoided if Jeremy had been more careful and not got his blood on the talisman.
- Our Gargoyles Rock: These gargoyles are all about 3 ft. tall.
- Winged Humanoid: Obviously, the gargoyles have wings that allow them to fly.