Niñas Mal, released in the United States under the title Charm School, is a 2007 Mexican movie about Adela León (Martha Higareda), the rebelious teenager daughter of a politician. Since her behaviour is ruining his political career, his father decides to send her to an boarding school in which she will learn to behave like a lady. Mayhem of all kinds ensues while she's on the school. When she comes out, it gets even worse.
This film provides examples of:
- Altar the Speed: Heidi and Kike when they get back together.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Valentina's uncle, the priest. he's the bishop. Dodged when she fails to get his help.
- Female Gaze: Four of the five girls do this about Emiliano.
- First-Name Basis: The girls refering to Macarena as Macarena would already be quite upfront for Mexican customs to adress an elder woman. Shortening it to Maca borders in disrespectful, but she doesn't mind.
- Hypocrite: Heidi and Kike get both upset about the other one cheating on them.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Did you think you couldn't feel sorry for Heidi? You were wrong.
- Must Make Amends: Adela, right after she ruins everything for everyone.
- Not So Different: Maca gives this speech to Adela. She doesn't take it well.
- Suddenly Sexuality: Used to stop a fight.
- Third-Act Misunderstanding: Adela's eavesdropping at the dinner.