Honestly, doesn't get any better than a community devoted to a believable expanded universe, including several novels.
- Recommended by Peryton.
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Several tales about each of the shards of Alara, before, during and after the Conflux.
- Comments: Frankly one of the best fanfic anthologies out there, it expresses a variety of prose styles and narrative juices, adorned by a beautiful medieval-inspired page designs. This is a fanfic in the true meaning of the word, as each writer has absolute grasp in the source material, and work with it better than even the official novel.
- Recommended by Shimegi.
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A fan Planeswalker's Guide to a Planar Chaos scenario, where Tarkir's dragon broods were enemy coloured and the clans dropped the ally colour instead of the enemy one.
- Comments: It has a few spelling mistakes, but it's rather creative and detailed, playing quite a bit with enemy colours in worldbuilding, each clan being well balanced while displaying rather subtle and nuanced philosophies. It manages to be quite chilling at times, following well on Maro's statement of a Tarkir worse off than before, while managing to not be too depressing.
- Recommended by Prodigy Gaming YT
- Status: Complete.
- Synopsis: An origin story for the Simic Combine parun, who we know almost nothing about. The story tells the tale of a child abandoned for his birth defects, and sets out to fix the broken world.
- Comments: Manages to give an in-depth backstory for the parun, as well as explains why we know nothing about him today. Slightly tear-jerking, and worth the short read.
Finding Home Amongst the Infinite by DontDoHeroinKids
- Recommended by Rodney_Whosits
- Crossover with: The Owl House
- Status: Ongoing
- Pairings: Amity/Luz
- Synopsis: Luz Noceda has spent years stumbling across the multitudes of realities, desperately searching for a way to return to her abandoned home with little success. Her headway towards shattering the barriers that keep her trapped finds Luz deposited in a foreign, ethereal world where magic runs through its populace with abandon, and ancient artifacts of power are handled loosely - the Boiling Isles. It's the closest she's ever been to reaching her mother, and a good place to find answers and allies on her journey.
- Comments: A magnificent work that mainly takes place in the Boiling Isles and follows only characters from TOH in the beginning, but slowly develops an overarching plot that see's travel across multiple planes and involving different Planeswalkers.
My Next Life As A Planeswalker: All Routes Lead to The Multiverse! by SixthOctavarium
- Recommended by: Victorio M Wolff-Haddock
- Status: Complete
- Crossover with: My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
- Synopsis: It's the beginning of the second year at the Academy of Magic. An incident occurs involving a student who transforms into a biomechanical monstrosity. The incident results in Catarina awakening power within her that seems to violate every known law of magic. Questions are raised, answers are found, and when it's all over, nothing will ever be the same again.
- Comments: The story has three arcs. The first arc is about how the Church of Sorcier declares Catarina a Living Saint due to her new abilities matching previous capabilities of previous Living Saints, and her resulting depression from the expectations placed on her. The second Arc deals with The Gatewatch arriving in Sorcier to help Catarina with her new powers, teach her friends how magic actually works, and also warn Sorcier of a potential invasion by New Phyrexia. The third arc deals with preparations to defend Sorcier after an invasion by the Phyrexians becomes a certainty.