Wesker Lives is a Resident Evil fanfiction written by Nintendoman01. It can be read here.
The story begins by retelling the final moments of Resident Evil 5, detailing the apparent death of Big Bad Albert Wesker. However, against all odds, Wesker turns out to be Not Quite Dead, and sets out to once again Take Over the World. However, his top priority is the death and destruction of anyone and everyone who poses a threat to him and his plans, with arch-enemies Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine at the top of his hit list.
Though largely set in the game's continuity, the fic also adapts certain characters and aspects of the film series, and also incorporates elements from Resident Evil 6.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Jill, Claire, Rebecca, Alice... the list goes on and on.
- Badass Longcoat: Wesker wears one like in canon.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jill and Josh's daring helicopter rescue of Chris and Sheva from the volcano, as well as Alice saving Leon from the Sobek.
- Canon Immigrant: The fic includes the six playable Umbrella Security operatives from Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, as well as characters from the films. In the case of the former, Leon briefly recounts being pursued by them in Chapter 3. Additionally, Jill's criminal father Dick Valentine from the S.D. Perry novels makes an appearance.
- Combat Tentacles: Wesker, both before and after his Uroboros infection.
- Cool Car: Jill and Leon ride one.
- I'm a Humanitarian: As a remnant of his Uroboros infection, Wesker has developed an appetite for human flesh, demonstrating it in Chapter 3 by consuming a poor college kid.
- Shout-Out: The writer gave Leon a 1973 Delta 88 Oldsmobile as a shout-out to Sam Raimi, who is known for including that very car in most of his movies.