Danny gets killed by Hookwolf Taylor triggers at 14, during the trigger Q intervenes and changes Queen Administrator to give Taylor the power to understand and create StarTrek technology. One year later she saves Tattletale from Lung.
Unlike most Worm fics Lisa/Tattletale is the POV character instead of Taylor.
This fic provides examples of:
- Alien Blood: Taylors blood is green, being copper-based vulcan blood rather than red, iron-based human blood.
- An Arm and a Leg: Lisas arm was so badly burned by Lung that it had to be amputated.
- Artificial Intelligence: Taylor/Vulcan utilizes several of these for various purposes.
- Benevolent A.I.: The Doctor (aka the Emergency Medical Hologram) despite being a snarky ass genuely cares for the well being of his patients.
- Death by Adaptation:
- Danny Hebert dies before the start of the story.
- The Simurgh is killed offscreen by Taylor/Vulcan.
- Shatterbird and Crawler die much sooner then they did in canon. Vulcan uses an interdimensional weapon to kill Crawler's powers and disable his regeneration, then kill both him and Shatterbird with her drones
- Coil dies much sooner then he did in canon. He's killed by Nilbog's creations.
- Destructive Saviour: Taylor/Vulcan is viewed as one after she killed The Simurgh at Canberra. This is because two-thirds of the city was destroyed and over 30,000 people died in the process.Lisa: Some people were afraid she wouldn't show up to the next Endbringer battle; others were terrified that she would.
- Exact Words: Tattletale promises Coil she'll return him to "where he started from" once he agrees to leave her and the Undersiders alone. What she meant was that she'll return him to where he started from AS COIL, i.e his trigger event, which happens to be Nilbog's base!
- For Want of a Nail: There are a few differences between this fic and canon.
- The first and smallest one is Danny gets killed by Hookwolf when Taylor is 14. At the funeral Taylor triggers. During the trigger Q intervenes and changes Queen Administrator to give Taylor the power to understand and create StarTrek technology. She is also physically changed and becomes a Vulcan.
- The Simurgh is killed by Vulcan at Canberra.
- Freudian Trio: After taking Lisa to their base, the relationship between her, Taylor, and the Doctor quickly becomes reminiscent of the classic trio themselves: Taylor is The Spock (obviously), the Doctor is The Mccoy, and Lisa of all people becomes The Kirk.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Taylor/Vulcan is this, but not the setting standard "tinker." Unlike Tinkers she actually understands how her technology works.
- Meaningful Name: Taylors cape name Vulcan is one because its the name of the Roman god of smithing. Considering shes viewed as the greatest tinker since Hero its a fitting name. In a meta sense it it meaningful because when Taylor triggered she became a Vulcan.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Taylor/Vulcan kills The Simurgh at Canberra, from how Lisa describes it the battle was truely epic.
- Techno Babble: This is a StarTrek crossover, of course this trope is present.