Pirate Meets Gebler is a fanfiction that crosses with Xenogears and One Piece. It centers on Pirate Girl Nami and her childhood friend Gebler soldier Elly, and the adventure they're going to have together.
Here's the link.
The tropes presented in the story:
- Action Girl: Nami, Elly, and Robin.
Nami: You're good in battles, but not the story.
- Faux Action Girl: Elly averts this in the fanfic, but Nami lampshaded this in one chapter.
- Berserk Button: Nami, whenever Elly has taken the Drive. Justified, since she saw her violent behavior under its effects since childhood, earning herself a bad memory of that incident.
- Childhood Friends: Nami and Elly.
- Easily Forgiven: Neither Nami nor Fei seem to hold hard feelings toward Elly for trying to kill both of them while being under the influence of the 'Drive'.
- Five-Girl Band
- Freudian Trio: Nami is The Kirk, Elly is The McCoy, and Fei is The Spock.
- In fact, Robin is The Spock to the former two.
- HeelFace Turn: Elly.
- Humongous Mecha
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Remember the first one between Fei and Elly? Well, Nami went butting in to do this as well, especially when her Berserk Button got activated.
- Not So Different: The fight between Nami and a drugged Elly surely resembles the fight between Sanji and pre-HeelFace Turn Duval.
- Proper Tights with a Skirt: A part of Elly's Gebler uniform.
- Psycho Serum: The 'Drive', which became Nami's Berserk Button when Elly takes it.
- Rival Turned Evil: Elly, after using the 'Drive' to not only fight Fei, but also Nami. It got better.
- Tears of Remorse: Elly, for trying to kill not only the man who's been kind to her in the forest but also her friend from childhood.Elly: But what I did was a terrible thing! To you, Nami, and to Fei...
- Two Girls and a Guy: The story focuses on Nami, Elly, and Fei.