The plot is simple. It's an analysis piece into Takatsuki's feelings towards Saori and their feelings towards their gender.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: Takatsuki is tranmasculine but the narrative is vague whether they're completely male-identified or not.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Saori and Takatsuki get along like fire and ice but Takatsuki still has feelings for Saori.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Saori isn't tomboyish and Takatsuki isn't feminine, but Saori is more assertive and confident then the more awkward and wishy-washy Takatsuki.
- Puppy Love: Takatsuki is a middle schooler with (likely unrequited) feelings on their classmate Saori.
- Snow Means Love: Takatsuki fantasizes about Holding Hands with Saori on a snowy winter day.
- Trans Tribulations: The story uses she/her pronouns for Takatsuki, but much of the story revolves around their gender dysphoria.