Here I Go Again is a Star Wars fanfic written by Above the Winter Moonlight. Before he can become one with the Force, Obi-Wan Kenobi is visited by the ghost of Qui-Gon, who tells him the Force wants to prevent Anakin from turning dark. To do so, it decided to send Obi-Wan back to just before the Battle of Geonosis with the memories of what would happen should he fail, the instructions to not let Anakin know about the future and some words to keep in mind, "The dark is generous, it is patient and it always wins. But in its strength lies weakness. One lone candle is enough to hold it back. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars. Thus opens a retelling of Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars movie and series and Revenge of the Sith, showing Obi-Wan's efforts to fix the future.
Also included at the end of every chapter is the author's notes, with guests including the story cast, the cast of Harry Potter and the author's father. Hilarity Ensues.
This fic shows examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Starting when Obi Wan tells the council about Anakin's nightmares about Shmi.
- Babies Ever After: For Anakin and Padme with Luke and Leia, and inverted with Obi Wan and Siri, as they have Jinn and Kira about halfway through the story.
- Deal with the Devil: Averted. Sidious offers one to Anakin after stabbing Obi-Wan: join the dark side and save Kenobi, or refuse and watch his best friend/brother die. Thankfully, Anakin takes a third option.
- For Want of a Nail: The big divergence from canon starts with Obi Wan deciding to not dismiss Anakin's visions about Shmi and, as such, stops his slaughter against the Tusken Raiders and his brush with the Dark Side.
- Off with His Head!: Palpatine's fate.
- Oh, Crap!: Darth Sidious' reaction when he realizes that Anakin won't be joining the dark side and is about to slice his head off.
- The Force: As a Star Wars fic, it's kind of a given.
- Peggy Sue: Obi-Wan. It's the whole point of the story.
- The Power of Love: Obi-Wan eventually figures out this is the true enemy of the dark side and the romantic and platonic versions of this are what keep Anakin in the light.
- Shout-Out: The quote Qui-Gon gives to Obi-Wan is from the prologue of the Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Spirit Advisor: Qui-Gon for Obi-Wan.
- Take a Third Option: After watching Sidious stab Obi-Wan, Anakin panics, believing his brother to be dying. Sidious takes advantage of this and offers to save Obi-Wan in exchange for Anakin's apprenticeship, but thanks to his master's encouragement, Anakin instead chooses to lop off the Sith Lord's head regardless if Obi-Wan survives his wounds or not.
- Time Travel: The whole concept.
- Villainous Breakdown: Sidious falls victim to one when his plot to turn Anakin to the dark side is thwarted by Obi-Wan's intervention (and foreknowledge).