Ezra Lost is a Star Wars Rebels fanfiction taking place after Season 1 and on the cusp of Season 2. Kanan Jarrus has sent his Padawan on a simple solo op in order for Ezra to practice running ops by himself. But five hours pass — and Ezra has still not returned.
It can be found here on fanfiction.net.
Tropes found in Ezra Lost:
- Acceptable Breaks from Canon: It has a couple of these, but nothing too major. For example, the appearances of a few named OCs who quickly die anyway, and the alteration of how the crew meets Darth Vader.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Lightsabers, of course, the fictional blades that can slice through almost any known material in the galaxy.
- Action Girl: Just like in the actual series, Hera and Sabine.
- After-Action Patch-Up: Kanan gets one of these. And it doubles as a Shirtless Scene.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: Ezra.
- Bloodless Carnage: Yes, unless a main character gets hit. That is to say, Kanan.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: It wasn't exactly stupid for the Inquisitor not to stick around and make sure Kanan fell through the ice, but still.
- Break the Badass: Kanan doesn't take it so well that his Padawan is missing because of him.
- The Cavalry: Happens once or twice when a good guy needs backup (like immediately after Kanan and Sabine's fight with Agent Kallus and Darth Vader) and gets implied at the end when Kanan and Ezra non-explicitly get their lives saved by their crew.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Ezra in the first bonus chapter, and it's implied that he may have been tortured a lot more.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Darth Vader vs. Kanan and Kanan vs. the Inquisitor, as well as the battle between the Star Destroyer Vidian and the Battle Star. All stormtroopers and other Imperial Mooks (seen below) are also typically pretty much no match for our heroes.
- Disney Death: For a while, it seems like Kanan and Ezra have died.
- Dressing as the Enemy: Kanan when he is required to sneak into a Star Destroyer and steal a kyber crystal from within.
- Emergency Stash: Of, apparently...Sabine's paint, kept inside the Phantom.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Ezra is lost. Gasp.
- Extremely Short Timespan: The entire 63-chapter-long story takes place in maybe around 3 days or so.
- Fight Magnet: Pretty much all of our heroes, particularly Kanan. Where he goes, Imperials with lightsabers or blasters are sure to follow.
- Final Battle: At the ending: Kanan vs. the Inquisitor and Evil!Ezra (but mostly the Inquisitor). The Inquisitor wins and gets away. Big surprise.
- Harmless Freezing: Inverted. When Kanan and Ezra fall into freezing water, they almost die.
- Heroic BSoD: Kanan, as he realizes that the Inquisitor is to blame for what happened to Ezra. It causes him to fly into an enraged fighting frenzy.
- Hope Spot: Oh, several. Essentially almost every lead the characters get on Ezra's whereabouts ends in some sort of disaster.