Marinette knows that she has to remain her somewhat perfect self to her friends and family. She has to follow all of the rules and keep her morals. But a certain black cat just keeps coming back. And she just can't say no to that face. Tikki warns her, but Marinette is just too lost in those fiery green eyes to listen. This...might be a problem...
The story is later continued in Extremely Nice.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Love-Obstructing Parents: Chloe uses her father's connections with Gabriel Agreste to force his son to date her. When he breaks it off and openly dates Marinette, Gabriel disapproves, thinking that she is below their class, while Marinette's parents disapprove due to Gabriel's attitude (and the evidence that their relationship is more than emotional ). They all eventually get over it though.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Marinette has a crush on an unsuspecting Adrien and ends up telling the flirtatious Chat Noir (completely unaware that he and Adrien are one in the same). She eventually ends up in a relationship with Chat Noir (even having sex a few times) before she puts two and two together and finds out his secret identity.
- Sequel Hook: Adrien's mother returns! And she has a little girl too!
- Stood Up: Chloe is stood up by Adrien in the Masquerade Ball so that he could be with Marinette as Chat Noir. They end up being voted prom king and prom queen.
- Uptown Boy: The whole story involves Agreste heir Adrien Agreste falling in love with middle-class Marinette.