This fanfic contains examples of the following:
open/close all folders
Canon (Threadmarks, Sidestory, and Informational)
- Conspiracy Theorist: Saint has become one post Ragnarok. He eventually dies from a stress-induced heart attack.
- Death by Adaptation: In canon, Teacher survived all the way to the sequel, here he only lasted two months after Ragnarok. Considering how nasty he was, this is probably a good thing.
- Deal with the Devil: Cherish makes one... and instantly switches bodies with the demon, leaving her trapped. To add insult to injury, the demon instantly kills her body.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Technically not dinosaurs but according to these posts Lotan the old god of water looked like a mosasaur and Boreas the god of wind looks like a pterosaur. The author admits that the reason he did this is because he likes dinosaurs.SirWill: For out-of-universe reasons for a few of the gods looking like dinosaurs, it's because I like dinosaurs, dammit. Jurassic Park was on my list of 5 favorite movies for a long, long time. This is my inner ten-year-old talking.
- For Want of a Nail: With the presence of parahumans and magic things are understandably quite different from canon Mass Effect.
- The Prothean ruins on Mars are discovered in 2044 instead of 2148.
- First contact with the Citadel occurred in 2060 instead of in 2157.
- Gratuitous Spanish: The demon that contacts Cherish calls himself "Lucero", short for "Lucero del Alba". This translates to "Morning Star", hinting it's Satan.
- Named by the Adaptation:
- Legend's full name is Nathan Carter.
- Lung's full name is Kenta Nishimura.